5 Things To Know About Ponte Vedra Beach Golfer Cam Smith
It was exciting to celebrate a Ponte Vedra Beach golfer winning The Players and even more fun to watch him come from behind to win The Open. Cam Smith, whose name is now on the leaderboard with many of golf’s greatest players, is a local guy. He lives in Ponte Vedra Beach with a home on the Intracoastal off Roscoe Blvd. With golf’s greatest mullet, he’s hard to miss around town or on the water!
Cam Smith is the name to root for (he was in contention to win The Masters, too) in golf right now, so here are five things you should know about Ponte Vedra Beach’s hometown golfer now considered one of the best in the world.
5 Things To Know About Ponte Vedra Beach Golfer Cam Smith:
1) He's a big fan of the Brisbane Bronco's rugby league team. In fact, Like many young kids born in Brisbane, Australia, Cam played junior rugby league while growing up. Smith said he chose golf over Rugby when he turned 13 because the other kids kept growing and he didn’t.
2) He wants to own a coffee shop when he retires
3) His father Des is an accomplished golfer as well. Cam’s old man is a mad golfer himself and has been club champion at his local course back in Brisbane’s north. Golf is a bit of a family affair in the Smith house with Des even caddying for Cameron on the professional circuit.
4) He's a big car guy and an amateur mechanic.
5) He always wears Maroon on the Sunday of a tournament as a nod to his favorite Rugby team, the Maroons.
Cam Smith turned pro in 2013. He played on the PGA Tour of Australasia in 2013 and the Asian Tour in 2014 before joining the PGA Tour in 2015. His maiden pro title came on the PGA Tour at the Zurich Classic doubles event with Jonax Blixt in May 2017. He has seven victories in total, including the 2020 Sony Open and back-to-back Australian PGA Championships in 2017 and 2018. His biggest year came in 2022. Cam won the Sentry Tournament of Champions and The Players Championship. Then he tied second at The Masters becoming the first player in Master's history to post all four rounds in the 60s. And now, he’s continued an amazing year winning The Open.
Cam's waterfront home is just one sign of his successful career. Modern with a sleek backyard and incredible boat dock, this home is a perfect picture of the Ponte Vedra Beach lifestyle. As experienced real estate agents in Ponte Vedra Beach, we can show you listings along Roscoe Blvd. and can share about the new waterfront community River Landing in Nocatee. Waterfront real estate and life on the Intracoastal are hard to beat!