5 Luxury Home Buying Tips In Ponte Vedra Beach & Nocatee
As Ponte Vedra Beach locals, we know there is no shortage of amazing luxury homes in Ponte Vedra Beach and Nocatee. Luxury homes are generally described as those in the top 10% of their market. As one of the best Ponte Vedra real estate agents, here are 5 tips for landing one of these highly sought after homes:
1. First, be patient. Shopping for the perfect luxury home may take longer than average. For one, there are not as many of them and in the current market, they do not stay available for long. Since many luxury homes have distinct decor or features, you may have to visit multiple contenders to find the perfect home. The closing process may also take longer as there is more to inspect, more to negotiate and often special circumstances to work out. The key with an investment as important and big as this one is to make sure you’re getting what you want.
2. Next, know where to look. When we’re talking about location, having a good real estate agent is important for a couple of reasons. First, as local experts, we'll know which communities match your lifestyle and which communities you should avoid. Additionally, you want an expert agent because many times, homes in certain areas are marketed among local tenured agents before they are listed on the internet.
3. Check for planned development or changes happening around the home you’re interested in buying. Don't worry, we keep up with this stuff! It’s never a good idea to assume the pond or wooded park behind your home will always be there. Future development could affect your view, the amenities around your property or the homes’ future resale value.
4. Always consult with your financial advisors before investing in luxury property. In almost every case, luxury home sellers will often want to make sure you qualify to purchase their home before they invite you in for a showing. You’ll want to consult with your advisors to make sure you qualify for the purchase price. If you do get a showing, you will certainly need to have your financial preparations done before you contemplate an offer. Every detail is scrutinized more closely in the luxury price range so it’s important to make yourself aware of all the financing options available to you.
5. Finally, as long-time locals, we're experienced in Ponte Vedra Beach and Nocatee real. We have worked and lived in Ponte Vedra Beach for more than 30 years, completing more than half a billion dollars in transactions across the First Coast. Over the years, we’ve added value to our clients by knowing our market and handling transactions with detail and discretion. We’ve helped locals and out of state buyers understand the complexities of negotiating and closing a luxury home purchase.
Luxury homes in Ponte Vedra Beach are highly sought after because they have large open floor plans, are built with high end materials and have unique design amenities. They are also located in some of Florida’s best school districts, making the housing market even more competitive.
(All photos courtesy of the Young Fouraker Day listing a 4 Turnberry Point Way in Marsh Landing Country Club in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fl)