15 Ways To Prep Your Ponte Vedra Beach Home For Sale
Selling your home is a big deal! As the best Ponte Vedra Beach real estate agents, we know it can be an emotional decision, but also know the value of putting emotions aside in order to get the best price for your home. This means prepping inside and out, and the data is clear that this work can improve the sales price of your home. We've seen this strategy work countless times for our customers!
Here are 15 things you can do, inside and out, to put your house in its best light.
1. Divest and declutter Get rid of anything you haven't used in the last two years. Donate it to charity, sell it on eBay, or give it to someone you know will use it and appreciate it. This will not only declutter your home so it will look more inviting, it will also make it a lot easier when you finally move.
2. Remember, there's nowhere to hide
Speaking of decluttering, remember that any prospective buyer is going to want to look at everything, inside and out. So will the surveyor. So there's no way you can have your closets heaving with old clothes or a garage that looks like a bomb hit it. If you really can't give up certain items, consider putting them into storage, or a family member's garage.
3. Clean the place from top to bottom
Pay particular attention to kitchen, bathroom and garage. Don't forget the laundry room, mud room and so on. Use a pleasant but not overpowering scent. Lemon is always a good choice.
4. Paint the inside of the house in neutral colors like white and cream
These colors are easy to match when buyers are thinking of what they will have to do when they move in their things.
5. Invest in neutral-colored furniture throws, pillows and drapes
This will help the house look cozy and inviting, without running the risk of them rejecting the house on a gut level because they don't have the same decorating tastes as you.
6. Rearrange the furniture to make the rooms look as large as possible
Get rid of any items that make the rooms look crowded, such as lots of fussy little tables or loads of lamps. Move the furniture to the farthest edges of the room if you can. Get rid of family photos and other knick-knacks in order to depersonalize your house, so they can picture what it will be like to live there themselves.
7. Tackle every repair on your to-do list
Don't get caught out when buyers view your home. This will also ensure they have no "black marks" against your home that would cause them to hesitate, or try to bring down the price.
8. Wash the outside of the house
Get a home wash hose attachment at your local DIY store to help.
9. Paint the house
This will cost money, especially if you have to hire a professional, but it can add significantly to the price you get for the home. Use neutral colors.
10. Clean all the guttering and drains
They should be free of leaves and other debris.
11. Clean all outside windows and screens and outdoor areas
Clean porches, decking and so on.
12. Clean the garden and any land around the property
Get rid of leaves, weeds and bald patches in the lawn.
13. Make sure any fencing around your home is in good repair
It should be freshly painted and not broken if made of wood, and freshly painted in a neutral color if made of iron.
14. Be sure your front door looks fresh and new Paint it if needed, and add new door numbers if they look old and weathered.
15. Put out a new welcome mat
This will help create a great first impression!
We can assure you, this work will not go unnoticed. As Ponte Vedra real estate experts, we know which improvements are the best bang for your buck. We've seen them pay off - literally - time and time again. If you're wondering what should be done to your home to improve it's marketability, please contact us!
(Photos courtesy of the Young Fouraker Day listing at 1180 Salt Marsh Circle inside TPC Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fl)